News:

Apologies for the down time over the past couple of days. I've got to the bottom of the issue so hopefully everything should be back to normal.

Main Menu

NI Armed Forces Day - 22nd June 2024 (Reds Arrows/Tutor)

Started by Jimi182, May 16, 2024, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Jimi182

Hi folks.

I couldn't find the original post on this topic (maybe there wasn't one?).

I noticed on the latest council Facebook post, they referred to this day as having a mini airshow, due to the appearance of the Reds and BBMF.  That is a bit of stretch.  Yes, it will be nice to see those displays, but not really fair to consider it an airshow?

Jimi182

rookie

I got this screen shot of the full days activities sent to me.

Jimi182

So a two hour wait between displays?  Sounds just like a good old NI airshow lol

JasonT1981

Quote from: Jimi182 on May 16, 2024, 09:01 AMHi folks.

I noticed on the latest council Facebook post, they referred to this day as having a mini airshow, due to the appearance of the Reds and BBMF.  That is a bit of stretch.  Yes, it will be nice to see those displays, but not really fair to consider it an airshow?

Jimi182

RAF Tutor is also scheduled, but no timings for it listed. So 3 RAF displays.

Jimi182

Quote from: JasonT1981 on May 16, 2024, 01:20 PM
Quote from: Jimi182 on May 16, 2024, 09:01 AMHi folks.

Jimi182

RAF Tutor is also scheduled, but no timings for it listed. So 3 RAF displays.

Interesting that they're not listed on the poster Rookie posted.

sneaky_nikon

Official announcement today that BBMF will not be performing the scheduled flypast for the King's birthday (15th) so...  Fingers crossed.

JasonT1981

The Reds display for 2024 is a lot better than it has been the last few seasons. Being back to a 9 ship has really helped them. I have seen their display twice already and they have kept some of the classic moves (Goose, Tornado) and added a lovely 5/4 cross-over.

However, it still feels lacking in comparasion to many other display teams like Frecce Tricolori, Black Eagles & Patrouille Suisse.

Tutor is a nice little display, but not overly amazing. So if they don't make it, without the BBMF I don't think I will be making the trip up sadly.

Still will draw the masses though with the Reds.

Jimi182

I have a feeling it could be a while before the BBMF is flying again.

Pity, but understandable.

JasonT1981

causeway74

What's the viewing like from the other side of Belfast Lough? I can't be bothered with the park and ride option so would try other side of lough but reckon it would be too far away to be of interest.

angry turnip

I suspect the Holywood side would be too far away,hard to know, it's possible some of the formation changes would be okay from that view point.

Jimi182

Quote from: causeway74 on Jun 19, 2024, 05:05 PMWhat's the viewing like from the other side of Belfast Lough? I can't be bothered with the park and ride option so would try other side of lough but reckon it would be too far away to be of interest.

I viewed from Holywood Seapark in 2013 (I think it was 2013 anyway).  Too far away.  Saw the odd Arrow go high.  If the weather is good, which it looks to be, you might see them when they do the high level changes.

But, if you think how hard it is to pick out Carrick Castle from that side, imagine trying to pick out a fast moving jet at 300ft in the air...

Jimi182

Does anyone know what the central reference point is, that the Arrows will use?  Hoping to be there or around it, get some good shots etc especially Syncro passes and breaks.

JasonT1981

Egaa lad

Red 10 arriving this afternoon. Unsure of time unfortunately.