NI Armed Forces Day - 22nd June 2024 (Reds Arrows/Tutor)

Started by Jimi182, May 16, 2024, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Egaa lad

Egaa lad

sneaky_nikon

Quote from: causeway74 on Jun 19, 2024, 05:05 PMWhat's the viewing like from the other side of Belfast Lough? I can't be bothered with the park and ride option so would try other side of lough but reckon it would be too far away to be of interest.

I watched the Reds display on the Belfast side of the Lough from Grey Point Fort a good few years ago, maybe over Carrick? I don't recall exactly. Wouldn't have been much cop for photos, but it was interesting to get an off display line perspective, especially the Synchro Pair.

Jimi182

Does anyone know how Red10 will transfer to display? Gazelles no longer in service etc

angry turnip

Possibly an RAF Juno or Jupiter HT1 or perhaps a Griffin HAR2 (Bell 412EP) as used previously at Portrush.

sneaky_nikon

angry turnip

I watched a bit on the A2 Beech Road traffic camera,weather looked decidedly iffy,low cloud,but good to see plenty of people turned up, I'm in Scotland today so missed it.

Jimi182

The display was brilliant. So good to see the 9 ship back. Had a chuckle when I heard them say they were running 10 seconds late.

Yes was dull but everyone really enjoyed the show. Lots of the usual gasps etc

Jon Bond has done a great job as Red 1 getting it nice and tight.

rookie

I was able to watch it from my attic. Did anyone see how red 10 arrived at the Loughshore ?

Jimi182

Quote from: rookie on Jun 22, 2024, 11:25 PMI was able to watch it from my attic. Did anyone see how red 10 arrived at the Loughshore ?

Sadly didn't.

Arrived just before the display due to the lack of shuttles. Had to walk from Whitehead station.

rookie

Quote from: Jimi182 on Jun 23, 2024, 11:57 AM
Quote from: rookie on Jun 22, 2024, 11:25 PMI was able to watch it from my attic. Did anyone see how red 10 arrived at the Loughshore ?

Sadly didn't.

Arrived just before the display due to the lack of shuttles. Had to walk from Whitehead station.

Heck that's a bit of a dander. I did contemplate taking the kids on the train but I was considering using the Jordanstown halt for the loughshore.

I'm wondering what attractions was split between loughshore and hazelbank as its not exactly ideal to sander between the two.

Well I'm understanding red 10 departed BFS around 1400 for RAF  Loussiemouth for the Portsoy display

Jimi182

Noted somewhere that RED10 transferred to/from Jordanstown via car.

I would suspect that's because the Gazelle is not around anymore.  There was talk of Police 42/43 doing it, but goodness knows how that would have went down here lol

sneaky_nikon

Quote from: Jimi182 on Jun 24, 2024, 02:21 PMThere was talk of Police 42/43 doing it, but goodness knows how that would have went down here lol

Fairly certain he's been transferred courtesy of the PSNI in the past. One of the Belfast gigs??

angry turnip

Quote from: Jimi182 on Jun 24, 2024, 02:21 PMNoted somewhere that RED10 transferred to/from Jordanstown via car.

I would suspect that's because the Gazelle is not around anymore.  There was talk of Police 42/43 doing it, but goodness knows how that would have went down here lol

Aldergrove Taxi`s would do him just fine, it would not be the best use of a Police Heli to some people I suppose,  can`t just stick him on the ferry. :)